https://nativeplacesthebook.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/fharmonc.jpg 2116 3000 Kim Weiss http://nativeplacesthebook.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/nplogo-hi.png Kim Weiss2021-04-13 15:07:152021-04-13 15:07:15AIA Triangle Hosts Frank Harmon Lecture
AIA Triangle Hosts Frank Harmon Lecture
April 22, 2021
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
1 LU credit
Celebrated architect and author, Frank Harmon, FAIA, wants to change the way we see. That’s why he started his online journal NativePlaces.org six years ago and more recently created his book, Native Places: Drawing as a Way to See. In this program hosted by AIA Triangle, Frank talks about drawing, writing, and the making of architecture. “The goal is to inspire architects by offering a sense of hope and possibility in the closely observed world outside our windows,” according to AIA Triangle’s announcement.
Frank will present this illustrated lecture via Zoom from his home and garden in Raleigh, followed by a lively discussion and Q&A session.
Upon completion, participants will
- Explain how drawing can truly change our perception and memory of space;
- Identify techniques in which writing can help clarify our design ideas;
- Identify new ways of communicating effectively with clients and public officials; and
- Explain the concept that writing and drawing will help us discover and express the intangibles that produce good design.
- Online program – registration required for CE credit
- Deadline to register is 10:00 am on April 22, 2021. Click here to register.
- Zoom meeting link will be emailed to registrants the morning of the program